Rehabilitation of the Hôtel Lutetia, Paris Rive Gauche
The hotel Le Lutétia built in 1910 by the architects Louis-Hippolyte Boileau and Henri Tauzin is a remarkable and very homogeneous building. The main façade (rue de Sèvres and boulevard Raspail) is adorned with stone sculptures, vine motif and trellis. The corner of rue de Sèvres and boulevard Raspail is the outstanding feature of the [lire la suite].
Reinforcement for the Victor Fouche former maternity hospital, Martinique
The earthquake resistance work carried out for the building housing the Victor Fouche former maternity hospital, enabled certain reinforcement techniques to be developed such as “nailing” existing foundations by using micropiles, reinforcing hollow body concrete floors by means of pre-stressing and post-tensioning or the development of reinforced concrete retaining walls at variable thicknesses and dimensions [lire la suite].
Buildings designed by Marcel Lods, Village of La Faisanderie, in Fontainebleau
Canada, Belgium, the United Kingdom and the United States: these are the names of the four residential buildings in La Faisanderie, built in 1952 by Marcel Lods, associated with his colleague Maurice Cammas, for the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) command in Europe. After being abandoned by NATO when France left the organization (1966), then [lire la suite].
Rehabilitation of Halle Pajol, in Paris
Built in the 1920’s, the Halle Pajol was for many years a warehouse for the SNCF. It is over one hundred metres long by forty metres wide and is the main feature in the Pajol development zone. The Pajol development zone, a sort of eco-island, is strongly committed to a sustainable development approach, focused on [lire la suite].
La Bergerie, individual home, in Québec
The house is open to the Summer winds, ventilated in the centre by window wells and at the end by the gables, enabling an evacuation of passive air during the night. Autumn sees the terrace and kitchen used intensely for preserves and canning, as well as intensive use of the garden shed and basement for [lire la suite].
Footbridge over the Sèvre in the Parc Interrégional du Marais Poitevin, in Le Vanneau
This operation is situated in a special context: the restoration of the footbridge for the La Sèvre village is part of a larger project to promote the hydraulic heritage of this region and as such has been integrated into the Opération Grand Site carried out in the Marais Poitevin. The rehabilitation of the footbridge mainly [lire la suite].
Earthquake resistance for the hospital ward towers at the Centre Hospitalier Louis Domergue, in La Trinité, Martinique
The Centre Hospitalier Louis Domergue in Trinité was built in 1974. At that time it was not mandatory to apply the so-called PS 69 earthquake resistance rules. The “tower” of the hospital comprises 3 blocks: (a) one block B, R+7, (b) a second block C, R+8, also a hospital ward block, (c) a third block [lire la suite].
Earthquake reinforcement protection for Collège Dillon, Martinique
Collège Dillon is a school establishment built in the early 70’s. It comprises 4 buildings all of which received the same earthquake reinforcement. An earthquake hit Martinique on 29 November 2007 at 3 pm (local time). Of a magnitude of 7.3 at a depth of 152 km, this earthquake damaged Collège Dillon. The intensity at [lire la suite].